Saturday, April 5, 2008

Why this blog?

WIT stands for, "Who is this_____?" You may fill in the blank with "girl," "stranger that looks like my daughter," " ball of hormones," " person talking to me like that," and on and on... To survive these years may push you to your "WIT's end," or require a lot of "WIT" and humor to make it through. Whatever your situation, I hope that this blog will be a source of information and encouragement for moms who are feeling discouraged as their daughter moves through adolescence. I will try to share helpful books, articles and other resources for moms. This time can be one of the most trying for mother and daughter, but it can also be a time of growth that lays the foundation for a great relationship in the future. It may be hard to see at the time, but conflict can be an opportunity for building intimacy.

I will talk more about this paradox next time.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Sara, I am so excited to be your first commenter! This is such a wonderful idea for a blog. You are going to be such an inspiration to all who come by for wisdom and encouragement! I will be by often as Ashley enters high school this fall. I have no idea what I am in for, but I know God will lead the way as always.